Washington , DC 20009
Mon.-Thu. 5 p.m.-2 a.m.
Fri.-Sat. 5p.m.-3 a.m.
Sun. 6 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Cuisine: Soul Food
- Meals Served: Dinner . Brunch Sat. & Sun. 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine
- Admission Price: Cover charge
- Music Style: '80s Music, Dance, Hip Hop, Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Soul, and Top 40 . Dance, RetroTrance, Light Hip Hop
Even if you’re not familiar with Madams Organ, the area’s most cleverly titled establishment, it’s hard to miss their famously provocative mural on the wall outside. And that’s only a sample of the fun to be found inside, which is not limited to five bars on five levels each weekend, a full soul food menu, live music daily (from bluegrass to funk), and karaoke…excuse me, drunkeoke, every Sunday night. The blues bar even offers a non-profit charity happy hour on Thursdays, so you can party the night away without the morning-after guilt.
Specials for Madam’s Organ Restaurant & Bar
Date: Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
Date: Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
Date: Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
Date: Sat May 25, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
Date: Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Mon May 27, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
Date: Tue May 28, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 PM EDT
- Dress Code
- Baseball caps not allowed
- Yes. 3 areas outside
- Bar Style
- College, DJ, Dance, Karaoke, Lounge, Music, and Pub
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bar Scene, Bustling, Fun And Flirty, High Energy, Offbeat, Singles, and Tourist Spot
- Live Music
- Yes. Madam's Organ Blues Bar is legendary for being the best place in Washington to hear the blues. You can hear incredible live music every night of the week.
- Pool Tables
- Noise Level
- Appetizers Snacks
- Catering, Dancing, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Karaoke, Late Night, Live Performances, Local Artists, Local Bands, and Online Catalog
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
- Building was the original Toys R Us, Live music 7 nights a week, Landmark mural outside, 5 levels/5bars on weekends, Happy Hour Mon.-Fri., Full menu with great soul food, DC’s original non-profit happy hour, Tues. - Trivia, Thur. – Karaoke, Sun. - Drunkeoke
- Live music blues bar and also features R&B Soul, Bluegrass, Reggae, and Funk.
- Payment Methods
- Discover Card and Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Yes. Rooftop deck
- Cross Streets
- South of Columbia Road N.W.