Washington, DC 20009
- Admission Price: Varies
- Music Style: '80s Music, Dance, Disco, Electronica, Experimental, Funk, Hip Hop, House, Lounge, New Wave, Rhythm & Blues, Rock, Soul, and Top 40
- Dress Code: Clubwear
- Bar Style: DJ, Dance, Drag Revue, Gay and Lesbian, Karaoke, and Lounge
- Dance Style: Disco, Modern, and Rave
As one of D.C.'s quintessential gay venues, Cobalt has been consistently popular for decades for its dance floor upstairs and mellow lounge on the primary floor. The club draws in the masses on weekend nights with nationally recognized DJs, but even on a Tuesday evening crowds come in for the regular happy hour specials. During the day, the building sits unassumingly on the corner of R and 17th Sts., but on a weekend night, you can't ignore the line of club-goers and smokers outside.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bar Scene, Edgy, Gay and Lesbian, High Energy, Noise Level, and Singles
- Noise Level
- Average Drink Price
- Prices fluctuate with daily happy hours.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- 17th St.
- Public Transportation
- Dupont Metro on the Red Line.