Washington, DC 20009
Dinner- Sun.-Wed. 5-10pm; Thur.-Sat. 5-11pm
Bar- Sun.-Thur. 5pm-2am; Fri.-Sat. 5pm-3am
Sunday Brunch- 11am-4pm
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Ribs, Salads, Breakfast, and Italian
- Meals Served: Dinner, Lunch, and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Restaurant Style: Gastropub
- Music Style: Eclectic and Top 40
It's not a hangout for union workers. Local 16 is a bar-lounge on U Street with a sprawling layout that includes two indoor bars and a large outdoor terrace bar. Serving primarily American cuisine, the menu lists such mouth-watering items as grilled squid and fried oyster po’ boy sandwiches. The "local" in Local 16 refers to the establishment's commitment to only serving local products and what they lack in ambiance the spot surely makes up for in culinary daring.
- Dress Code
- Casual Chic
- Outdoors Only
- Bar Style
- Lounge and Pub
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bar Scene, Dive, and Laid Back Casual
- Afterhours, Disc Jockey, Happy Hour, Scenic View, and Signature Dishes
- Worth Noting
- One of the larger outdoor decks in the neighborhood. Also, Local 16 has happy hour Sun. through Fri. from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Yes. At the terrace bar
- Cross Streets
- 16th St. and 17th St. N.W.
- Public Transportation
- U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Station- Green, Yellow line
Recent User Playlists
Places in the DC area we have yet to conquer
If the economy is hitting your wallet, here' a few places in DC with a great Happy Hour menu and drink specials that won't break the bank. Living like a King on a Pauper's budget just became cool. You owe it to yourself to enjoy a few liquid libations.
The warm weather has finally arrived which means in D.C. Cherry Blossom season and lots of outdoor patios and rooftops that are perfect for dining and drinking al fresco.