Zanzibar on the WaterfrontThis venue has closed
Washington , DC 20024
Wed.-Thu. 5 p.m.-2 a.m.
Fri. 5 p.m.-3 a.m.
Sat. 7 p.m.-3 a.m.
Sun. Brunch: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Dinner: 6 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Cuisine: Eclectic and Caribbean
- Meals Served: Dinner and Sunday Brunch
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Music Style: Eclectic, Ethnic, Hip Hop, Latin, Rhythm & Blues, Soul, Top 40, and World
- Dress Code: Clubwear
- Bar Style: Supper Club and Dance
Named for the island off the coast of eastern Africa, Zanzibar is an upscale nightclub on Southwestern DC's waterfront. The club has three levels with three dance floors, seven bars and a large stage for live performances. In addition, Zanzibar features a large enclosed deck, a state-of-the-art sound system and two large projection screens.
R&B, hip-hop and international is the type of music you will usually find here. With authentic music and cuisine nightly, a great deal of Zanzibar's business comes from the area’s large African and Caribbean communities. On any given weekend, don't be surprised to see a long line out in front, and with good reason.
- Dance Style
- Disco, Modern, and Urban
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bustling, High Energy, Theme, Trendy, and Upscale
- Afterhours, Dancing, Disc Jockey, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Signature Dishes, Waterfront, and Late Night
- Worth Noting
- Birthday packages available
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Paid Lot and Street Parking Difficult