I-The Indian Experience/Ascot Catering
Washington, DC 20036
Lunch Mon.-Fri. 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Dinner 5- 9 p.m.
- Cuisine: American and Indian
- Meals Served: Dinner and Lunch
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Accepted
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Restaurant Style: Fine Dining . Lunch buffet is a specialty with reasonable prices.
The I-The Indian Experience/Ascot Catering still carries its latter name trappings: the smell of curry, wood paneled walls, brass fixtures and Bombay Trading Co.-type furniture in the dining room. Two years ago owner Rahul Arora renamed the dining area I-Indian Experience, which specializes in Indian cuisine for lunch and dinner diners in downtown D.C. The lunch buffet from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. is popular for the business crowd. Happy hours offers $2-$5 drink specials. There are also American-style food offerings for the lunch and dinner crowds. Ample seating abounds in the dining area and the long-wood bar. Food prices range from the $5-$25. Those looking for quiet surroundings and an attentive staff will appreciate this venue.
- Dress Code
- Business Casual
- Bar Style
- All Ages
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bar Scene, and Quiet
- Worth Noting
Check out Ascot Catering if you are planning a large event:
- Lamb dishes, kabobs and traditional spinach dishes.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- 17th and L St. N.W.
- Available, Paid Lot, Street, and Street Parking Difficult
- Public Transportation
- Farrugut North Metro on the Red line.
- Wheelchair Access