Washington, DC 20007
Mon.-Fri. 11 a.m.-1:30 a.m.
Sat.-Sun. 11 a.m.-2:30 a.m.
- Cuisine: American and Irish
- Meals Served: Dinner, Lunch, and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine
- Restaurant Style: Cafe
- Smoking: No
Back in the early 1950's, a young, dashing Irishman named Jack Kennedy proposed to a doe-eyed brunette named Jacqueline Bouvier in a cozy booth at Billy Martin's tavern. This famous booth adds history and romance to the dining experience. Since that time, the Georgetown pub has been known as landmark with classic all-American cuisine and a superb Scotch List. The booths are named after the haunt's infamous denizens-Richard Nixon, LBJ, Truman, to name a few....but Martin's real claim to fame may be the crab cakes -- a secret family recipe for decades! This a great place to take a date or dine with anyone who wants to feel connected to Georgetown's illustrious past...
- Bar Style
- Cigar, College, Neighborhood, and Pub
- All Ages
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bar Scene, Cozy, Romantic, and Tourist Spot
- Worth Noting
- Known for scotch list and crab cakes
- Outdoor Seating
- Available. Park and lock at 3251 Prospect