Matchbox Capitol Hill
Washington, DC 20003
Mon.-Thu. 5 p.m.-12 a.m. (last seating at 10:30 p.m.)
Fri. 5 p.m.-1 a.m. (last seating at 11:30 p.m.)
Sat. 3 p.m.-1 a.m. (last seating at 11:30 p.m.)
Sun. 3 p.m.-12 a.m. ((last seating at 10:30 p.m.)
Sat.-Sun. 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cuisine: American, Pizza, Burgers, and Salads
- Meals Served: Dinner and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Reservations: Accepted for groups of 6-12 on weeknights. No reservations accepted on weekends.
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Smoking: No
Matchbox on Capitol Hill takes the formula from the original Matchbox in Chinatown and improves on it. Echoing its predecessor's funky, warm interior, the Barracks Row location also echoes much of the original menu. Wood-fired pizzas are still the stand out here, as are the mini burgers with onion straws. The menu also features a number of hearty salads, sandwiches and entrees, plus a fairly extensive wine and beer list. If you're only thirsty, take a seat at the bar and enjoy a cold beer on draft or one of the restaurant's specialty house-infused liquors.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bustling, Cozy, and Laid Back Casual
- Private and VIP Rooms
- Call for info on private parties.
- Cross Streets
- 8th St. SE and E St. SE
- Metered and Street
- Public Transportation
- Eastern Market metro (blue and orange lines)