The Grille in the Morrison House
Alexandria, VA 22314
Mon. – Fri. 7 a.m.-10 a.m.
Sat.–Sun. 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Sun.–Thu. 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Fri.–Sat. 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Cuisine: American . Fine American cuisine with an emphasis on fish, meat and produce from small, local farms.
- Meals Served: Breakfast, Dinner, Sunday Brunch, and Tea
- Price Range: $$$$ ($26-$30)
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine
- Restaurant Style: Fine Dining
The Grille is housed in the Morrison House Hotel and it hosts tourists, but also a local mature crowd looking for sophisticated yet warm fine dining. The Grille has a few dining rooms, elegantly presented with its brocade walls, classic early American moldings and gold chandeliers. In addition there is a small parlor where you can have a pre-dinner drink or perhaps catch the live music at the piano bar on Thursday evenings. Though it isn’t open for lunch, if you’re early to rise you can partake in a great breakfast such as malted waffles with cream and berries, a goat cheese omelet with oven-roasted tomatoes or sweet lemon brioche French toast.
- Dress Code
- Business Casual
- Bar Style
- Hotel, Mature Audience, and Piano
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bar Scene, Moderate, Tourist Spot, and Upscale
- Live Music
- Yes. Piano bar on Thursday nights starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Entertainment, Happy Hour, and Prix-Fixe Meals
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- S. Alfred and King Streets
- Metered, Paid Lot, Street, and Valet