Washington, DC 20016
Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sat. 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sun. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Cuisine: American, Baked Goods, Salads, and Sandwiches
- Meals Served: Breakfast, Buffet, Dessert, Dinner, and Lunch
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Alcohol: Packaged Goods . Sell beer and bottles of wine and liquor inside. Staff member on hand to make recommendations.
- Restaurant Style: Bakery and Deli
- Store Type: Gourmet and Organic Grocers and Independent Store
This neighborhood favorite offers a variety of fresh baked goods, sandwiches, soups and groceries. Walking in during the lunch rush can be intimidating but the line moves surprisingly quickly. With walls lined with photos of former Presidents, first ladies and celebrities, Wagshal’s feels like a true New York deli. Their signature sandwiches are great and their create-your-own sandwich list is perfect for picky eaters. If you’re not in the mood for a sandwich, they offer to-go sushi rolls, salads and great frozen entrees. Wagshal’s chili and soups offer another great alternative right next to the lunch buffet.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic and Bustling
- Noise Level
- Catering, Custom Orders Available, On-site Merchandise, Online Menu, Student Discount, and Takeout/Carryout
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Outdoor tables or a small lunch counter.
- Cross Streets
- 49 St. N.W.
- Available and Free Lot
- Public Transportation
- N3, N4, N6 Metrobus
Recent User Playlists
I work around the Tenleytown area, and these are a few of my favorite spots to go for lunch! They're quick, yummy and nearby.