Hard Times Cafe (Alexandria)
Alexandria, VA 22314
Sun.-Thu. 11 a.m -11 p.m.
Fri.-Sat. 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Cuisine: Burgers, Chili, Hot Dogs, and Breakfast
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine
- Restaurant Style: Cafe and Chain
- Smoking: Yes . Smoking in bar only
There may be a line out the door most weekend nights around dinnertime, but if you've got a hankering for chili then Hard Times is well worth the wait. This local chain cafe offers various standard chilis such as Texas and Cincinnati, and they also sport a robustly flavorful tomato based vegetarian chili that is quite popular. For those who are anything but concerned about counting calories, their chili cheddar burger is sinfully fabulous, or better yet, try their Frito chili pie, which consists of a bowl of the famous corn chips topped with chili, shredded cheddar, sour cream and tomatoes. With good sized portions, quality prices and a many offerings even for the non-chili fan (think friend and grilled chicken wings), Hard Times is hard to beat.
- Bar Style
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Bustling, and Cozy
- Happy Hour, Jukebox, Kids Menu, and Takeout/Carryout
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- On King and West Streets.
- Metered, On Site, and Street