Washington, DC 20036
Mon.-Fri. 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.-10 p.m.
Sat. 5:30 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Cuisine: Caribbean and Cuban
- Meals Served: Dessert, Dinner, and Lunch
Appetizers, Salads and Desserts $7-$11
- Reservations: Recommended
- Restaurant Style: Bistro
- Smoking: Outdoors Only
Irongate Inn is a romantic little hide-away not far from the Tabard Inn in Dupont Circle. Its ambiance is the big draw, with a gorgeous vine-covered trellis and cast iron seating. That's not to say the food isn't good, it's just not as heart-stopping as the atmosphere. The service is friendly, understated and, like the food, doesn't detract from the surroundings. They serve Cuban-style dishes including roast pork, braised lamb, Mediterranean vegetable tagine and grilled salmon. It's a great place to sit out in nice weather and socialize over drinks and appetizers.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bar Scene, Cozy, Romantic, and Up To Par
- Private and VIP Rooms
- Private room available
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Yes. Picturesque and romantic outdoor brick patio with a vine-covered canopy (wisteria blooms in season).
- Paid garage
- Public Transportation
- Two blocks from Dupont Circle Metro