Figs Fine Foods
Washington, DC 20007
Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Sat. 12 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Cuisine: Lebanese, Mediterranean, and Moroccan
- Meals Served: Breakfast, Dinner, and Lunch
- Price Range: $ (Under $9) . A few dishes above $9
- Alcohol: Not Permitted . Yet
- Restaurant Style: Bakery and Cafe
- Smoking: Outdoors Only
There are several commercial spots along the largely residential Palisades neighborhood and at one of those is Figs Fine Foods, specializing in Mediterranean, Lebanese and Moroccan dishes. The place is a friendly and welcoming neighborhood café with indoor and outdoor seating for 25. It’s been around 10 years, according to Co-Owner Reem Azouri. Homemade soups and sandwiches are made daily. Walk in the front door and take in the aromas. Vegetarian, meat, poultry and fish dishes are on the menu. Take out and catering is also available. Figs draws a lot of local residents and a few political celebrities of the Republican persuasion. Azouri said they once had to refuse service to the president. Figs will soon be applying for a license to serve alcoholic beverages.
Showing 3 of 3 reviews
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Celeb Spotting, Cozy, and Laid Back Casual
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- MacArthur Blvd. and U St. N.W.
- Public Transportation
- Metro Bus