Alexandria, VA 22301
Tue.-Fri. 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sat. 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sun. 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Cheese & Wine Bar
Tues.-Sat. 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Meals Served: Dessert and Dinner . In addition to cheese and wine, Cheesetique also offers quiche and paninis.
- Price Range: It depends on the cheese. Chunks can cost under $9. Or, the more expensive cheeses can run as high as $20-plus.
- Reservations: Not Required
- Alcohol: Beer and Wine
- Restaurant Style: Fine Dining
- Smoking: No
To Cheesetique owner Jill Erber, education is key. Each chunk or wheel within the cheese counter comes with a little sign outlining the animal origin, geographical location and sometimes the history of the dairy product. Take the Pont L' Eveque, one of the world's ancient cheeses, dating to the 13th century. It's made from cow's milk in Normandy, France. And apparently, it's great with a pinot noir. So grab a bottle of wine from the shelf, a box of crackers, some fig jam and ask Cheesetique's helpful staff for the best cheese pairing. You won't be disappointed.
Specials for Cheesetique
Date: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 AM EDT - Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:00 PM EDT
Date: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:00 PM EDT - Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 PM EDT
- Bar Style
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Laid Back Casual, and Upscale
- Noise Level
- Entertainment, Lessons Available, On-site Merchandise, and Tourist Spot
- Worth Noting
Cheesetique offers monthly classes at the store. Topics and dates are not selected until the beginning of each month, when Erber sends out her monthly electronic newsletter. The best way to find out about dates and topics is to sign up for the newsletter on their Web site. A class entails an hour or so of instruction, at least 10 cheeses to taste, and usually a glass or two of wine/beer for pairing. The cost is $30 per person.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- Mount Vernon and Oxford Avenues
- Free Lot and Street
Recent User Playlists
I'm a wanderer. I love nothing more than to check out interesting and unique things in and around Washington. These are a few of my favorite things ...