Washington, DC 20011
Wed.-Sat. 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
Sun. 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
Sat.-Sun. 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cuisine: American Traditional and Classic and Eclectic . Chef Gillian Clark takes classic American comfort dishes and creatively updates them for a modern, global world.
- Meals Served: Dinner and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25) . "Big food" or larger entrees range from $15-$25, while "small food" and appetizers or "firsts" cost less.
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Alcohol: Beer and Wine . A changing list of international beers, including Irish and Belgian provides the perfect opportunity to find a new favorite.
Colorado Kitchen will be closing soon so that the owner and chef can open a new, bigger restaurant in the area. Get there soon! Both the decor and cuisine at Colorado Kitchen are studied and refined, hitting the perfect note. There are just enough touches of bright red and enough restraint with kitsch on the walls not to be themey. It is clear owner/chef Gillian Clark loves and is extremely gifted in the kitchen. She masterfully balances home-cooking classics with innovations and international influences that don't overwhelm. While you may have heard complaints about the condescending instructions on the menu, it can be argued that the quality of the food makes the attitude forgivable. If you find the prominently displayed "I [heart] Gillian Clark" t-shirts pretentious, just finish your meal and see if you won't be ready to buy one.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- The menu contains fairly blunt language directed to children (indirectly, their parents) about remaining in their seats so as not to fall or bump into servers, something to keep in mind if you have high-energy young ones.
- On-site Merchandise and Open Kitchen/Watch the Chef. Chef Gillian Clark's cookbook is available for purchase and signature, as well as logo t-shirts.
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- 14th St. N.W.
- Public Transportation
- 52, 53, 54 Metrobus