Alexandria, VA 22314
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: Beer and Wine
- Admission Price: Tickets range from $35-$45.
- Smoking: No
- Theater Genre: Musical, Off Off Broadway, Play, Reading, and Small Production
The oldest professional theater in Northern Virginia, MetroStage has been an Alexandria fixture since 1984. It performs four to five plays and musicals per season, which starts every July. Theater performances take place on a thrust stage -- offering a more intimate experience for theater-goers -- and can best be described as eclectic. MetroStage is not predictable or traditional; it's adult contemporary and exciting. Most plays run for seven weeks and reservations are highly recommended to guarantee you a seat.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Laid Back Casual
- Noise Level
- It depends. If it's a two-person drama, it's quiet. If it's a musical, it can be pretty loud.
- Concessions. Drinks and sodas, snacks
- Entertainment, Live Performances, Local Artists, and Tourist Spot
- Worth Noting
- MetroStage moved into its current location -- the old Smoot lumber warehouse -- in 2001.
- Payment Methods
- Mastercard and Visa
- 130 seats
- Cross Streets
- N. Royal and 3rd Streets
- Free Lot and On Site